Sunday, September 19, 2010

tap repair FAIL

This is my bathroom. I estimate its age as 1970's.

This is my dripping shower.

To fix a dripping shower, take out the tap and replace the washer. First remove the handle.

Oops forgot

 



Take off the bonnet
 
 Some genius has grouted this tap into the wall.  Bummer.




Chisel


































OK so the grout is all out, but there still isn't room to turn the tube spanner.  The wannabe keyhole surgeon has made the tile hole just small enough to put over the tap. Remember, this is a 1970's tile job so this means that the washer hasn't been changed for a while. 


Grrr



OK there's enough room to turn the spanner now
But it won't turn.

Need more POWER.
And I still can't turn it!















I applied as much pressure as I could without leaning in to it.  If I apply more, I'm afraid of bending the pipe or something else bad.  Time to call the plumber.

FAIL

1 comment:

  1. I have now checked every other tap in the house and repaired where needed. This means I will have to get a plumber for one tap. Grr.

    ReplyDelete